Foundation for the Advancement of Professional Vocational Education has the following vacancy:
FULL-TIME (40 HOURS PER WEEK) AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Performs various clerical and routine accounting tasks in support of an operating unit, to include posting entries, verifying and reconciling input to financial reporting system output, processing payments, and/or assisting in preparation of billings, receivables and other financial reports. Responds to inquiries and contacts other departments and/or customers and vendors to resolve a variety of problems. Assists in performance of various clerical duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer the day-to-day finances.
- Keys data and prepares batches for processing which involves sorting, alphabetizing, and running tapes to verify hash counts and totals.
- Prepares purchasing, travel, personnel, or related documents.
- Receivables and collection management.
- Reconciles various expenditure reports to source documents; distributes and files financial documents and reports.
- Prepares routine entries and posts financial transactions; reconciles entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting system reports.
- Handles cash and cash related transactions, issues receipts, records and types money lists, and balances cash fund; enters cash transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports; prepares bank deposits.
- Researches processing problems, contacts departments and vendors to resolve problems and expedite payment, and responds to inquiries by telephone or in writing; refers complex problems for solution.
- Assists in preparation of financial statements such as billings, budgets, and cost reports.
- Assists with other tasks within the scope of the function of Financial Administrator.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Associate Degree in Financial Accounting; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basic duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to perform accounting procedures.
- Critical thinking
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Account balancing skills.
- Ability to use an automated accounting system.
- Ability to prepare financial reports.
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures.
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivables procedures and practices.
Interested persons must submit a cover letter, CV/Resume, copy of passport, copy of diplomas /certificates, no later than February 10, 2023; addressed to the National Institute for Professional Advancement Foundation, Jackal Road #4, Building B, Cay Hill, St. Maarten, or email to the Director Sergio Blomont ([email protected]).