Foundation for the Advancement of Professional Vocational Education has the following vacancy:
ADJUNCT DIRECTOR (2)
FULL-TIME (40 HOURS PER WEEK) AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
- Operational, management, leadership and guidance of the entire institution and staff.
- Setting up, implementing and evaluating for the accreditation of the institution with regional and international entities.
- Evaluation of the SBO level education and policy documents.
- The execution of quality education and students care including no educational support tasks within the subsidy funding system.
- Contributing to strategic and professional development of school and staff
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Education Management or Business Administration
- Proven knowledge and experience with:
- School administration and grading software
- Scheduling programs
- Microsoft Office package
- Skills in drafting policy, memoranda and reports
- Ability to coordinate and draft advisory briefs and policy proposals as well as the ability to coordinate various sub-areas and align with other policy areas and keeping an overview of all action points
- Knowledge and skills in the field of management techniques, staff policy (including structural planning) IT and school related matters (preparation of budget, financial reporting)
- Proficiency in translating educational programming into the necessary approach and working method at the school and in aligning and coordinating it in collaboration with the deputy director and the central school board.
- At least five (5) years experience in the same or similar functions
- Broad knowledge of Technical Vocational Education
- Ability to liaise and deal with conflict
- Strong communication skills
- Proven managerial skills
Interested persons must submit a cover letter, CV/Resume, passport photo, copy of passport, copy of diplomas /certificates, no later than June 15th, 2020; addressed to the Foundation for the Advancement of Professional Vocational Education, c/o HR Officer, Jackal Road #4, Building B, Cay Hill, St. Maarten or email to: [email protected]
About National Institute for Professional Advancement
The National Institute for Professional Advancement (NIPA) offers advanced vocational education for students who want to further their education after secondary schools and adults already in the workforce. Our programs are tailored to the needs and interests of the labour market and the wider St. Maarten community.
Currently managed by director Sergio Blomont, NIPA is the only government-recognized institute for advanced vocational and technical education in St. Maarten.