Organizational relationship: Reports to the Accounting Manager
The Accounting Administrative Clerk is responsible for various entry-level bookkeeping, clerical, and accounting work. The Accounting Administrative Clerk is also responsible for adequately filling and maintaining accounting records and preparing financial reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
His/her specific responsibilities shall include the following:
- Code and register accounting documents for entry into the accounting system.
- Entry of accounting documents such as invoices, vouchers, requisitions, receipts, deposit slips, and disbursement information to appropriate ledgers and journals.
- Maintains the journals and ledgers and assists in balancing accounts.
- Prepare and send out invoices & monthly statements.
- Prepare a list of outstanding payables and receivables.
- Process checks for accounts payable and registers used checks.
- File and maintain clerical records and report pertinent issues to accounting and bookkeeping.
- Assist in bank reconciliation. • Entry of Invoices and file accordingly.
- Process and file all Invoices accordingly.
- Verify bank statements.
- Assist with pertinent financial reports.
- Enters speed mail airway bills and Cargo Airway bills and prepares related reports.
- Refute charge backs.
- Reconcile unbalanced flight packets.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the department head, the C.F.O., or the Representative.
- High School Diploma; HAVO or equivalent.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Airline experience is an asset.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with the Exact program.
- A good command of the English language, verbal and written, is required. (the Dutch language will be an asset).
- Must be an accurate, discrete, reliable, and dedicated worker.
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate analytical & problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently is a must.
- Must be assertive and solution-oriented.
The ideal candidate is a team player, has a pleasant attitude towards Management and staff, a representative appearance, and can establish effective relationships within the company. Interested candidates, Dutch nationals or people with a permanent St. Maarten residency preferred, can apply in writing with a motivation letter and resume to [email protected]
Windward Islands Airways International N.V. better known as Winair is a Government owned regional airline founded in 1961. Winair has provided safe and efficient air transportation in the Caribbean for more than 60 years!