The Ambulance Department within the Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor is looking for an:
- Ensures that the ambulance is ready for immediate use;
- Responds to calls when instructed by central dispatch;
- Takes responsibility upon arrival at the scene to optimize good patient care;
- Carries out assignments received from the ambulance nurse;
- Assists the ambulance nurse with medical treatments (i.e. heart films and ensures that medicines are ready for use);
- Ensures that the patient, the nurse, and any other occupants are transported safely.
Knowledge & Skills
- In possession of an MBO diploma;
- In the possession of a valid driver’s license (category C);
- Relevant driving experience and skills in operating an ambulance vehicle are considered a pré;
- In possession of a valid first aid and EMT-B certificate or is prepared to obtain it;
- Must be prepared to participate in compulsory (AMBAC) ambulance chauffeur/assistant training, continuous driving skills, and subsequent training and courses;
- Must have sound geographical knowledge of the various districts;
- Must be flexible, have empathy with a stable personality, and knows how to conduct themselves in hectic situations.
Salary range: minimum NAF. 2.205,00 to maximum NAF. 4.774,00.
Salary based on experience and qualifications, within the established salary range, plus a benefits package that includes, pension (age 18 or older) and medical coverage.
If you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your application letter and resume no later than October 14th, 2022 to:
The Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor Attn: Mr. Cylred Richardson
Head of the Ambulance Department
Jackal Road 5
Cay Hill, St. Maarten
Email: Cylr[email protected] Cc : [email protected]
For additional information, please contact the Head of the Department via email address [email protected].