Bridge Operator for SLAC
Goal of the Position
The Bridge Operator is responsible for operational and position: marine matters of the Simpson Bay Lagoon, as well as the maintenance of the John Sainsborough Lejuez Bridge as the Causeway Bridge.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carrying out of preparatory work in order to be able to operate the bridge in a safe and efficient manner;
- Opening and closing of bridge during the scheduled hours;
- Responsible for clear communication with the vessels entering and exiting the lagoon and the traffic passing over the bridge:
- Carrying out routine inspections to avoid obstruction, damage to ships or dangerous situations that may arise;
- Report incidents and/or accidents or irregularities to Supervisors daily
- Daily inputting of data for billing process.
Educational level and experience:
- Minimum LTS/PKL/Vocational technical or mechanical diploma;
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience;
- VHF license;
- STCW ’95;
- First aid certificate;
- Affinity with Mechanical work:
- Basic computer skills;
- Good communication skills (verbal & written) in the English language:
- Customer service oriented.
IF YOU ARE WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR, then you are invited to submit a cover letter and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae by February 14th, 2020 to email: [email protected]