NIPA – National Institute For Professional Advancement, Foundation for the Advancement of Professional Vocational Education has the following vacancy:
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
FULL-TIME (40 HOURS PER WEEK) AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
NIPA has recently approved its strategic plan for the period 2020 – 2022, which includes a robust development of core programs, regional and international accreditation as well as business engagement. The core of our success is deeply rooted in our engagement with businesses, which not only feeds into the relevance of our programs, but aids in workforce development, student internship placement and employment opportunities for our graduates.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new initiatives, relevant to business engagement Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current engagements.
- Finding and developing new opportunities into workforce development training programs
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
- A degree relevant to the post – minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in same position
- Literacy in Microsoft Office package
- At least five (5) years experience in the same or similar functions
- Solid Business sense
- Broad knowledge of Technical Vocational Education
- Ability to liaise and deal with conflict
- Strong communication skills-report writing
- Proven managerial skills
Interested persons must submit a cover letter, CV/Resume, passport photo, copy of passport, copy of diplomas /certificates, no later than June 15th, 2020; addressed to the Foundation for the Advancement of Professional Vocational Education, c/o, HR Officer, Jackal Road #4, Building B, Cay Hill, St. Maarten, or email to [email protected]
About National Institute for Professional Advancement
The National Institute for Professional Advancement (NIPA) offers advanced vocational education for students who want to further their education after secondary schools and adults already in the workforce. Our programs are tailored to the needs and interests of the labour market and the wider St. Maarten community.
Currently managed by director Sergio Blomont, NIPA is the only government-recognized institute for advanced vocational and technical education in St. Maarten.