The Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth, and Sport
St. Maarten is a young and dynamic country. We are continuously striving toward professional development for
a more customer-oriented, transparent, efficient, and effective organization.
The Department of Education is looking for enthusiastic, dynamic, experienced, and educated professionals to fill the function of:
Tasks consist of the following, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of the preparation of the annual budget of the Public and subsidized schools;
- Gatekeeper for the financial management and accounting;
- Periodical analyses and assessments of the budget of the Public and subsidized schools;
- Conduct investigations and audits, assess the legality, efficiency, and effectiveness of(proposed) (policy) products and identify and analyzes (financial) risks;
- Provides a contribution to the preparation of management contracts and SLAs;
- Collects and analyzes budgetary data and assesses this in the long term;
- Advising management on improvements and priorities;
- Examines and advises on the multi-annual year budget.
- Master’s Degree in finance, accounting or relevant discipline;
- Broad knowledge of business economics and public finance;
- In-depth knowledge of integrated Planning and Control Cycle;
- Understanding of the financial-economic, political and social context of the organization and its consequences;
- Good communication skills in the Dutch and English language (verbal & written);
- Must be a team player, result-oriented, accurate and confidential.
Depending on the level of knowledge and experience, the salary will vary between minimum NAf. 5.092,00 and maximum NAf. 9.821,00.
For additional information about this function, please contact the Head of the Department of Education at [email protected]
If you are interested in this function, please send your application letter, CV and copies of degrees to the following email address: [email protected] or submit at the Government Administration Building at Soualiga Road #1, Pond Island, Great Bay, before September 30, 2022. Please state the job title in the subject.
About Government of Sint Maarten
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth and Sport aims to promote the private affairs of the country in the field of education, culture, youth and sport.