Goal Of The Position
To safely operate the two mobile harbor cranes as support of stevedoring activities which include vessel loading/discharging and special lifts. The Crane Operator is also responsible for lift productivity, safety, and company policy enforcement. Furthermore, the Crane Operator assists the Crane Maintenance Manager with the maintenance of the harbor cranes.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Operating of cranes.
- Coordinating and performing maintenance on cranes.
- Acts as crane lead person during stevedoring operations in conjunction with the stevedoring supervisor
- Process detailed knowledge of all process/support equipment layout, operations rules, and regulations.
- Able to be engaged in the stevedoring of vessels, including the receiving and handling of heavy lifts and out-of-gauge cargo.
- Makes visual inspection to ensure the crane is in safe working condition on a daily and weekly basis.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting of employment and safety infractions to Stevedoring Supervisor
- Responsible for maintaining detailed knowledge & understanding of all operating procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all quality standards related to the department
Educational Level And Experience
- Expertise/professional knowledge, working with heavy equipment
- 3-5 years of working experience
- Computer knowledge
- Gottwald Crane Certified
- Verbal and writing skills in the English language are required, in the Dutch language, it is a pre.
- Ability to keep to the rules and regulations regarding the order, tidiness, and safety with proper care and attention
- Persuasion and influence
- Structure and safety
Additional Infos & Deadline
Applicants are invited to submit a: cover letter, and a comprehensive curriculum vitae by April 20, 2022 to:
Human Resources Email: [email protected]