Department of Economy, Transport & Telecommunication Ministry of TEATT (ETT)
Who are we?
St. Maarten is a young and dynamic country! We are engaged in continuous professional development towards a more customer-oriented, transparent and effective organization.
The Ministry of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Traffic and Telecommunication stimulates and facilitates the sustainable economic growth and development of St. Maarten. By our professional, customer orientated and result motivated approach, we strive to create a balanced environment where business, consumer and government are mutually beneficial for the people of St. Maarten.
The Department of Economy, Transport & Telecommunication (ETT) is urgently looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate Economist to serve in the function of Policy Advisor.
- Monitoring, researching and reporting on local, regional and international economic developments;
- Macro-economic modeling and forecasting;
- Development of quarterly economic reports;
- Preparation of impact assessment reports;
- Leading and coordinating impact studies on amongst others, economic diversification sectors;
- Leading and coordinating projects aimed at economic (recovery and) sustainability;
- Preparation of policy frameworks, notes and policies;
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies and propose policy revisions and development, when necessary;
- Assist management with other tasks upon request.
- Master’s degree in Economics, or equivalent experience;
- Dutch nationality or permanent residency;
- Able to function on an academic level;
- Outgoing personality. Able to build and maintain a network of industry contacts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Able to work independently and in a group setting;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Proficient in the development of policy notes, frameworks, policies, advices and project plans;
- Must be passionate about data and the development of economic estimates and projections;
- Must be passionate about building our country into one that is economically sustainable and resilient.
The gross salary for this position is dependent on the selected candidate’s level of knowledge and experience, but can range between NAf 5,092.00 and NAf 9,821.00 per month for a 40 hour work week.
Where to apply?
Are you the right candidate for this function? Then please send your application letter and Resume to:
Ministry of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Traffic & Telecommunication (TEATT)
Soualiga Road 1, Pond Island Philipsburg, St. Maarten
ATTN: Valya Pantophlet at [email protected]
CC: Shamika de Weever at [email protected] and [email protected]
Deadline to submit application is Monday July 27th 2020.