Medewerker bijzondere Arbeidsbemiddeling
(Employment Officer (Employer Services))
The Department of Labor Affairs & Social Services is a government executing agency that falls under the Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor for Country Sint Maarten. The Department consists of several units, one being the Labor Affairs Unit which is charged with the execution of all matters pertaining to labor such as labor & business registration, dismissals & complaints, vacancies & employment mediation and employment permits, just to name a few. The department is currently seeking a new team member who will contribute positively to the efforts currently underway to restructure the job placement unit. This person needs to possess the following core competencies and abilities:
FUNCTION RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
- Through research and analysis determine which companies will be engaged to achieve public-private partnerships;
- Create marketing and visiting plans to engage and support businesses;
- Manage customer relationships to secure training opportunities and facilitate employment for clients;
- Execute inter-ministerial projects and programs;
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices and strategies with a specific focus on Human Resource development;
- Maintain a database of business customers, referrals, prospects, and presentations;
- Develop strong customer relationships in order to generate a high volume of prospective clients;
- Advise management on potential trends and strategies to be implemented based on customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business Management/Public Administration;
- Knowledge and/or experience of human resource practices preferred;
- Advanced organizational and administrative knowledge and skills;
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft applications;
- Strong communication skills in the English and Dutch languages;
- Ability to work professionally with others;
- Competency skillset inclusive of solid interpersonal skills, proven results-oriented performance, and ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
Salary ranges from minimum NAF. 3,240.00 to maximum NAF. 6,809.00. Salary based on experience and qualifications, within the established salary range, plus a benefits package that includes, a pension (age 18 or older) and medical coverage.
For additional information about this function, please contact the Head of Labor Affairs & Social Services, Mrs. Peggy-Ann Dros-Richardson, via e-mail: [email protected] or please visit our website on http://www.sintmaartengov.org/government/Pages/Employment.aspx.
If you are the right candidate for the position above, please send your application letter and resume to [email protected] with a cc to [email protected] no later than October 3rd, 2022.