As Executive Secretary, you will serve as the primary liaison for the Board of Directors. You anticipate the Board of Directors and Management Team members’ needs, receive visitors, and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the management of the hospital in furthering the goal of providing quality care, close to home. The Executive Secretary is flexible, able to work independently, and has a customer-friendly attitude toward all internal and external stakeholders.
What we offer:
We offer you a versatile position with a great deal of responsibility in an open and professional organization. You will work in a pleasant and rewarding atmosphere and be offered opportunities for development.
- HBO/Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with strong secretarial and organizational skills;
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of office administration and preferably also hospital processes;
- Proficiency in MS office applications;
- High level of command of both the English and Dutch language (written and verbal);
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Composes correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other outgoing documents based on general instructions;
- Develops presentations for the Board of Directors, plans and organizes visits from external stakeholders based on general instructions;
- Takes minutes of Board of Directors and Management Team meetings, maintains action lists, and follows up on action items;
- Prepares meeting agendas and distributes relevant documents to participants prior to meetings;
- Handles complaints in accordance with SMMC’s complaint procedure;
- Maintains electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible.
Deadline to apply: October 2nd 2022
For more information, contact the HR Manager, Mr. Harlec Doran, at + 1 (721) 543-3154 ext. 201 or 203.
Your motivation letter and resume can be submitted to the HR Department via [email protected] A copy of both should be submitted to the Labor and Social Affairs Dept. located on Soualiga Road #1, Philipsburg, St. Maarten.
Attachment: Executive Secretary
St. Maarten Medical Center (SMMC) is an ambitious and growing hospital organization on St. Maarten. With approx. 420 FTE’s, 28 specialists, and a capacity of 95 beds, we continuously strive to ensure safe, quality health care, close to home. Our primary service area of St. Maarten, Statia, and Saba, represents a total population of approximately 60.000 people, constituting a multi-cultural mix with more than 100 nationalities. In addition, we also offer health care services to two million visitors annually.
SMMC has started the construction of the new St. Maarten General Hospital (SMGH) to expand its services to accommodate the increased care demand of the people of St. Maarten, its visitors, and neighboring islands. The new hospital is planned to be operational in 2025.