The Mental Health Foundation St. Maarten is looking for an experienced and motivated Medical Director to support our Teams.
The management of the foundation is based on the following Core Values
1. Valuing people – Listening and learning to meet client’s needs;
2. Ethics and transparency – Passion and open communication;
3. Service excellence – Guided by patient expectations, ambulant care;
4. Accountability – Take public responsibility for our actions;
5. Innovation – Be open to change and follow-through;
6. Collaboration – Together we are strong and resilient;
Fulltime 40 hours a week, duration One year with the option for a permanent after a positive evaluation.
The Director is part of the Foundation’s Management Team, the applicant will first and foremost work closely with all departments, Out-Patient Care, Ambulant Care, and Crisis team, Admissions, Day Treatment, Short and Long Stay, Information and Prevention, Administration and Facilities. The applicant will also regularly collaborate with relevant projects such as budget preparation, Electronic Care Dossier, External relationships, and ongoing New Developments.
- Creates a culture in which innovative ideas can flourish and provides vision and inspiration to enable staff to deliver services effectively.
- Acts as a role model within the organization, leads, and manages the care products of the departments.
- Evaluates the work of the management team within the organization
- Communicates effectively with staff in all service levels on a regular basis, ensuring good communication developing and implementing service plans.
- Communicates on behalf of the organization with shareholders & government entities
- Responsible for ensuring that the organization delivers safe and effective care, which will require regular interaction with medical staff and patients.
- The Director MHF must ensure that there are processes in place to support this and take corrective action when necessary.
- The Director MHF is required to enhance the quality of care provided to patients as part of their service improvement role, liaising closely with medical staff and support services.
- Identifies developments in the field and theoretical principles and contribute to concrete changes in methods within psychiatric care.
- Overseeing the organization’s short- & long-term strategy according to the Multi-Annual Plan approved by the Board. Soliciting advice and guidance, when appropriate from the Board.
- Reports directly to the Board and must be able to submit quarterly quality and production reports.
- Has a Master’s degree in Health care (administration) and preferably with knowledge and experience in management.
- Must have a Medical background and experience in working in the field of Psychiatric Care
- The ability to ensure the optimal use of the EPD (Electronic Patient Dossier). Effectively manages data/information to ensure quality care and targets are met.
- Manages the functionality of the EPD system and gives advice relating to expanding and innovation.
- Can increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Direct Care Providers and Support Services through improvements to each department as well as coordination and communication between departments.
- Supports initiatives of the teams that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff in all services on a regular basis, ensuring good communication when developing and implementing service plans.
- Knowledge of Health care legislation
- We offer an interesting and rewarding working environment with a proactive, dynamic team spirit. The work is varied and offers scope for initiative and innovation. The salary is competitive.
Please send your written application including Resume, letter of motivation, reference letters and contact details of three professional references no later than August 1st, 2020 via email to Human Resources Manager Mrs. Carina Ellis-Romney via email at [email protected]
For further information, please contact Eileen Healy via email address [email protected]