The government of Sint Maarten is looking for professionals who want to make an active
contribution to the development of the country. In particular, the Ministry of Justice is looking for a:
HEAD OF IMMIGRATION AND BORDER PROTECTION (M/F)
Objective and organization:
Security and public order are essential principles in society. At the Ministry of Justice, we believe
that every individual and organization within society has an important responsibility to promote
these aspects and thus contribute to the development of Sint Maarten and the well-being of the
population. Our mission is to create preconditions for the maintenance of safety, order, tranquility
and the safeguarding of law within the Sint Maarten society.
The ministry consists of a Staff Bureau of the Secretary General, the Judicial Affairs Department and
the following Executive Services: the Prison and House of Detention, the Immigration and Border
Protection Service, the Customs, the Coast Guard, the Sint Maarten Police Force, the National
Detectives Office, the Financial Intelligence Unit, the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the Prosecutor General’s Office. The Immigration & Border Protection Service has the following mission:
Ensuring the coordination and implementation of a consistent, restrictive and transparent
Foreigner’s policy including entry, admission, (temporary) residence, supervision and removal and
deportation of foreigners to their country of origin, as well as coordinating the implementation of
the National Immigration laws.
For the Service we are looking for a Head:
1. The Head of the Immigration and Border Protection Service reports to the Secretary General.
2. Management of an executive or supervisory service with a multidisciplinary or complex field
3. Coordination of the implementation-oriented policy processes and the policy implementation and
advice in the area of activity of the service
4. Advice in the field of service of the service
5. Supervision and enforcement
In possession of a Masters’ degree in Law or comparable education at university level;
6. At least five (5) years of management experience at a government or government-owned
institution, preferably in the Caribbean part of the Kingdom;
7. Knowledge of constitutional relations and constitutional matters concerning the Country;
8. Experience in bridging different interests and an excellent knowledge of administrative and
9. Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, verbally and in writing.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending a letter with CV to the Minister of Justice before
May 30th, 2022, to the following email address: [email protected] mentioning the position.
For a detailed job description, please contact Ms. Viziola Angel via telephone number 1-721 54-24449 or via email [email protected].