The HR Assistant forms part of the Local HR Department that coordinates and overseas the execution and development of key HR activities in addition to the day-to-day manage ment of HR operations. The HR Assistant assists in providing support in the various human resource functions, which includes but is not limited to staffing, training and development, remuneration, performance monitoring and employee guidance.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Support HR Processes:
- Develops and maintains reports, templates, dashboards and metrics:
- Assists with the development, communication and implementation of policies;
- Assists with budget preparation and expense monitoring.
Employee Onboarding, Retention and Exit
- Coordinates new employee onboarding and exit processes
- Updates and maintains employee contracts and benefits
- Processes work & residency permits and expat status applications.
- Is the super-user for all HR systems and has key input in ensuring optimal usage by end-users including ensuring integrity and accuracy of data;
- Manages HR Systems training.
Training and Education
- Serves as main point of contact for training and educational programs;
- Coordinates, researches and provides recommendations on training programs;
- Provides Test Administrator duties and general counsel to management and staff on training and educational options;
- Coordinates and reports findings of the annual training needs review to management;
- Maintains records on enrollment progress and related expenses and provides routine and ad hoc reports.
- Is responsible for timely processing of monthly payroll including the accompanying processes.
- Acts as second line of contact for day-to-day HR requests;
- Advises employees with regards to the interpretation and application of policies and practices and facilitates problem identification and resolution;
- Assists with the development of new team members;
- Coordinates and/or assists with special projects and employee activities;
- Contributes to the overall success of the Human Resources team by actively participating in group projects and supporting other team members;
- Assists as directed by management, In other activities within the department.
Required Qualification & Experience
- At least Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline;
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position;
- Must have Payroll processing experience;
- Must have working knowledge of our Local Labor Laws;
- Must have the ability to interpret and address needs of employees and staff members by taking initiative, using independent judgement and problem-solving skills;
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to write clear and concise reports and other written materials;
- Good analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to work well without constant supervision;
- Must be reliable and personable;
- Must be a team player;
- Must be dependable and confidential;
- Fluency in Dutch would be an asset.
Interested person should forward their CV, including copies of diplomas & certificates, references and recommendation letters (all in English) to: NAGICO Insurances with copy to National Employment Human Resources Department