Tasks consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares, implements and manages shipping laws and regulations as well as monitors the compliance with these laws and regulations;
- Initiates the creation or amendments of regulation and proposes legal texts and policies and advisory notes on and advises about the effectiveness and feasibility;
- Conducts research and studies and analyzes case law in the field of international law, administrative law, international criminal law and the civil law in conjunction with maritime issues and looks for links between the various jurisdictions;
- Coordinates the national laws and regulations with other ministries, the administrative authorities of the island regions, independent administrative bodies and private bodies who deal with those laws and regulations;
- Advises on applications for Maritime-related business requests.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree, with more than 2 years of relevant professional work experience;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both the English & Dutch language;
- Experience in project management, problem-solving and research skills;
- High level of working independently, as well as in a group dynamic;
- Policy development, implementation & evaluation on a broad and complex field of subject matters;
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
Salary range: minimum NAf. 5,092.00 to maximum NAf. 9,821.00. Salary based on experience and qualifications, within the established salary range, plus a benefits package that includes vacation, pension (age 25 or older) and medical coverage.
If you are the right candidate for this position above, kindly submit your application letter and resume no later than May 20th, 2022 to:
Ministry of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Traffic & Telecommunication (TEZVT)
Soualuga Road 1, Pond Island
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Attn: Louis Halley ([email protected])
CC: [email protected] and [email protected]