N.V. G.E.B.E. responsible for the production and distribution of electricity and the management of water operations in St. Maarten has a vacancy for a:
MECHANIC B PP
To carry out mechanical maintenance, repair, overhaul and construction work to power plant machinery and mechanical installations.
- Carries out, mostly without direct supervision by the Supervisor or guidance by Mechanic A, mechanical preventive/predictive maintenance, repair, overhaul and construction work to machinery and installations in the power plant in accordance with the work plan and meeting the required quality standards.
- Reports work progress to Supervisor or, as the case may be, to Mechanic A including duration, material usage etc.
- Inspects engines and installations for proper functioning, preventive maintenance, and safety, takes the prescribed actions to bring about improvement, and/or reports to the Supervisor for evaluation of the need for adjustment, maintenance, repair, or replacement.
- Contributes to practical solutions for work execution.
- Takes care or proper use and condition of tools and measuring instruments.
- Takes care of recording the technical and administrative details of the work carried out and reports details after completion for the administrative closing off of the jobs.
- Actively ensures own safety and the safety of others through strict implementation of procedures, complies with good housekeeping norms.
- 2 years in diesel power generation plant maintenance
- Advanced working knowledge of and skills in applying maintenance methods associated with diesel generators and all auxiliary equipment and installations in the power plant
- Alignment, condition monitoring, and maintenance of rotating equipment
- Health, safety, and environmental norms and procedures
- Knowledge of administrative procedures/communication and reporting
- Oral and written command of English/relevant computer skills
- LTS / SBO level 2/ MBO level 1 & 2 or equivalent
- Supplementary training: operations and maintenance diesel power plant
Interested persons can forward their letter of application and curriculum vitae by Friday, May 21st, 2021, to [email protected] or fax to +1 721-54-24810.