Vacancy exists at: sint maarten diagnostic center/smdc medical lab for a
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST(MLT)
Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Job description & responsibilities:
ability to perform all laboratory testing in a medical diagnostic laboratory to internationally recognised accreditation standards.
- Collects, processes, and handles blood and/or other biological specimens according to established procedures, and instructs patients in the proper collection of samples.
- Performs a variety of clinical laboratory tests in the areas of hematology, immunology, clinical chemistry, serology, and urinalysis, as assigned; conducts a quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis of body fluids such as blood, urine, and performs blood counts using a microscope.
- Performs quality control on equipment/analyzer, ensuring validity and accuracy.
- Performs calibration and troubleshooting on testing systems and instruments to ensure adherence to established standards of accuracy.
- Keeps records and reports on results according to established procedures.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand long hours, stay focused mentally for long hours while multitasking with full concentration on tasks at hand
Education & qualifications:
- Secondary and Tertiary levels of Education.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree/Certificate in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science.
- Specializing in either hematology and blood banking, microbiology, or Clinical chemistry.
Minimum of three (3) years working in high complexity clinical lab Including a minimum of one (1) year in a lab-quality management position.
US$ 1,500 – US$ 1,800 per month and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS APRIL 25, 2022. Interested candidates MUST send a resume with cover letter, copy of ID, copy of diplomas and/or certificates to the National Employment Service Center (NESC) preferably via [email protected] within two (2) weeks to the attention of Employment Services Center, and a copy to [email protected] and smdclabdi[email protected] gmail.com