Ministry of General Affairs Department of Personnel & Organization (P&O)
The department is looking for an experienced Personnel Officer.
Core tasks/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing support and advice to ministries as related to specific HR topics;
- Recording and maintaining employee information, and monitoring the quality of the data in the personnel information system;
- Providing information to employees about aspects relating to the interpretation and execution of P&O regulations;
- Processing pension requests, medical examinations, SZV registrations, etc.;
- Reviewing requests for the application of policies and ensuring correct execution of the policies;
- Providing support to the Personnel Advisor and jointly carrying the responsibility for the proper planning and execution of HR matters of the ministry and/or departments assigned to both.
Requirements for our preferred candidate:
- Associates Degree in Human Resources, Legal support or Labor;
- Reliable, committed and eager to learn;
- Flexible and having a positive approach towards work;
- Ability to step-up to fill in for colleagues when required;
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and with deadlines;
- Strong attention for detail and accuracy;
- Client oriented and organization focused;
- Driven and motivated towards development and self-growth;
- Fluent in Dutch & English, both oral and written, with a strong emphasis on Dutch writing skills.
- Being in the process of continuous development, our work environment is a dynamic one with high expectations at all times.
- Work experience in a (semi-) government entity is an added advantage.
- Candidates with direct ties to St. Maarten are preferred.
Salary range: minimum NAf. 2,478.00 to maximum Naf. 5,388.00.
If you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your application letter and resume no later than November 15th, 2023, to:
The Ministry of General Affairs Attn: Erno Labega
Acting Department Head of P&O Soualiga Road 1, Pond Island Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Email: [email protected]
For additional information, please contact the acting Head of Department via email address [email protected].