To create and promote a safe, efficient and reliable sea traffic and air traffic system for St. Maarten and its citizens. For this, we are looking for a:
Policy Advisor for Maritime Affairs
Tasks consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures for the Department.
- Develop and implement maritime regulations
- Takes part in (for) consultation with other departments, Islands and representatives of business community about the tuning of maritime policy;
- Enumerates and analyzes social and political developments in the relevant maritime economic policy and regulation and assesses its importance for the policy area
Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s with relevant professional work experience (2-3 years)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both the English & Dutch language;
- Experience in project management, problem solving and research skills;
- High level of working independently, as well as in a group dynamic;
- Legal background a plus;
- Policy development, implementation & evaluation on a broad and complex field of subject matters;
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
Salary range: minimum NAf 4.365,00 to maximum NAf 8,662,00. Salary based on experience and qualifications, within the established salary range, plus a benefits package that includes vacation, pension (age 25 or older), medical coverage.
If you are the right candidate for this position above, kindly submit your application letter and resume no later than March 28th, 2022 to:
Ministry of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Traffic & Telecommunication (TEZVT)
Soualuga Road 1, Pond Island
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
About Department of Civil Aviation and Shipping and Maritime Affairs
The Department of Civil Aviation and Shipping and Maritime primary obligations are to promote, develop and regulate civil aviation and maritime activities in the best interest of St. Maarten. The aim of the department is to comply with international standards to ensure the progress of civil aviation and Maritime network and services, which would fulfill users demand resulting in tourism promotion and national economic growth