St. Maarten is a young and dynamic country. We are continuously striving towards professional development for a more customer-oriented, transparent, efficient, and effective organization.
The Department of Education is looking for enthusiastic, dynamic, experienced and educated professionals to fill the function of :
The main tasks for this function are:
- Developing Policy regarding the continued development of the Education Sector, to promote the welfare of all members of society through education. Including the development of various policy products such as policy papers, advisory notes, reports, plans, project proposals, etc.
- Advising on administrative/legal matters related to the Education Sector. Including consulting with lawyers, analyzing complex issues, contributing to the processing of appeals and claims, proposing regulations, and advising regarding relevant changes to legislation.
- Master’s Degree in public administration, political science or relevant discipline;
- Relevant work experience in similar function (Strong project-management skills, Strong general/comparative research skills, knowledge quantitative research and statistics, and knowledge of the Dutch legal system);
- Experience in managing people/teams;
- Ability to work/solve problems independently;
- Ability to come up with creative solutions;
- Ability to work with and manage contacts with various stakeholder groups;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Dutch.
Depending on the level of knowledge and experience, the salary will vary between minimum NAf. 4.365,00 and maximum NAf. 8.662,00.
For additional information about this function, please contact the Head of the Department of Education at [email protected]
If you are interested in this function, please send your application letter, CV and copies of degrees to the following email address: [email protected] or submit at the Government Administration Building at Soualiga Road #1, Pond Island, Great Bay, before September 30, 2022.
Please state the job title in the subject.
About Government of Sint Maarten
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth and Sport aims to promote the private affairs of the country in the field of education, culture, youth and sport.