The Department of Public Health is urgently looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree to serve in the function of
- Initiate policy development;
- Legal advisory support to the department, in particular as it pertains to licensing and enforcement;
- Support in reviewing and coordinating responses of Ombudsman complaints and assistance with implementation of recommendations;
- Support and liaise with the Department of Legal Affairs and the law firm on retainer that handles court proceedings on behalf of the Government of St. Maarten;
- Lead the appeals procedure within the Ministry;
- Provide assistance or advice on other projects with legal implications.
- Masters (MS) degree in Law;
- Proficiency in Administrative (and Constitutional) law;
- Legislative experience;
- Dutch nationality or permanent residency;
- Able to build and maintain a network of industry contacts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Analytical, critical and thorough thinker;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Able to work independently and in a group setting;
- Must be passionate about reforming the public health sector to secure accessibility and sustainability.
Salary range: minimum NAF. 4.365,00 to maximum NAF. 8.662,00.
The salary is based on your relevant work experience and overall qualifications.
If you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your application letter and resume no later than May 20th, 2022 to:
The Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor
For additional information, please contact the Head of the Department of Public Health via email address [email protected]