The Ambulance Department within the Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor is looking for a:
Registered Nurse/ Ambulance Nurse (certified)
- Primarily responsible for the patient in an emergency or non-emergency transport onboard the ambulance;
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate medical care is provided onsite;
- Determines which medical assistance and care is required;
- Organizes a good transfer of the patient;
- Performs nursing, paramedical and medical procedures including curative/therapeuthic tasks;
- Performs in the event of disasters and large scale accidents;
- Manage the different emotions of the sick, victims, bystanders and/or their relatives;
- Keep an overview of any chaotic situations and adjust said situation in the interest of the patient;
- Performs administrative, educational and other activities.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be a certified Ambulance or Registered nurse (RN);
- Must have experience as an emergency room, intensive care unit (ICU), CCU or anesthesia nurse;
- Must be registered in the BIG registry;
- Must be prepared to follow the compulsory specialist ambulance nurse training (AMBAC), ACLS, PHTLS courses and any additional training courses;
- Must have knowledge and skills in emergency medical care including certain techniques (ALS & PHTLS);
- Must have a flexible, empathetic and stable personality;
- Must be able to take the lead in hectic situations.
Salary range: minimum NAF. 3.240,00 to maximum NAF. 6.809,00.
The salary is based on your relevant work experience and overall qualifications.
If you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your application letter and resume no later than October 14th, 2022 to:
The Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor Attn: Mr. Cylred Richardson
Head of the Ambulance Department
Jackal Road 5
Cay Hill, St. Maarten
Email: [email protected]
Cc : [email protected]
For additional information, please contact the Head of Department via email address [email protected].