The Department of Public Health is urgently looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and passionate Lawyer to serve in the function of Senior Policy Officer (draftsman). Flexibility in working hours is offered in minimum 20 hours to maximum of 40 hours per week.
Senior Policy Officer
- Legal advisory support to the Ministry, in particular as it pertains to licensing and enforcement;
- Review and coordinate responses of Ombudsman complaints and assistance with implementation of recommendations;
- Liaise with the department of Legal Affairs and the retained law firm on Court proceedings;
- Lead the appeals procedure within the Ministry;
- Development and revision of Ministerial Regulations, National Decrees, National Ordinances, Explanatory Memorandum’s and other relevant/ supporting documents;
- In case of the development or revision of National Ordinances, decrees etc., manage the process from conception to ratification;
Provide assistance or advice on other projects with legal implications.
- Master’s degree in Law;
- Proficiency in Administrative (and Constitutional) law;
- Legislative experience;
- Dutch nationality or permanent residency;
- Able to function on an academic level;
- Able to build and maintain a network of industry contacts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Analytical, critical and thorough thinker;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Able to work independently and in a group setting;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Proficient in the development of policy notes, frameworks, policies, advices and project plans;
- Must be passionate about reforming the public health sector to secure accessibility and sustainability.
Salary range: minimum NAF. 5.092,00 to maximum NAF. 9.821,00.
The salary is based on your relevant work experience and overall qualifications.
If you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your application letter and resume no later than June 15th, 2022 to:
The Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor Attn: Fenna Arnell
Head of the Department of Public Health
Soualiga Road 1, Pond Island
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Email : [email protected]
Cc : [email protected]
For additional information, please contact the Head of the Department of Public Health via email address [email protected]