The government of Sint Maarten is looking for professionals who want to contribute to the development of the Country, in particular, the Ministry of Justice is looking for a:
Social worker/Court of Guardianship Investigator
Objective and organization:
Security and public order are essential principles in society. At the Ministry of Justice, we believe that every individual and organization within society has an important responsibility to promote these aspects and thus contribute to the development of Sint Maarten and the well-being of the population. Our mission is to create preconditions for the maintenance of safety, order, tranquility and the safeguarding of law within the society of Sint Maarten.
The ministry consists of a Staff Bureau of the Secretary-General, the Judicial Affairs Department and the following Executive Services: the Prison and House of Detention, the Immigration and Border Protection Service, the Customs, the Coast Guard, the Sint Maarten Police Force, the National Detectives Office, the Financial Intelligence Unit, the Public Prosecutor’s Office, the Prosecutor General’s Office and the Court of Guardianship.
Who are we?
The Court of Guardianship protects the rights of children whose development and upbringing are threatened. The Court of Guardianship creates conditions for this, in order to eliminate or prevent this threat. To this end, the Court of Guardianship conducts an independent investigation, advises on legal proceedings and can take measures to guarantee the protection and safety of minors.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a completed HBO, MWD, SJD, education/work experience and you are a driven and flexible colleague with broad knowledge, at least three (3) years of experience in social work;
- You are flexible, stress resistant and do not shy away from emotionally charged conversations;
- You are skilled in collecting, analyzing and weighing information quickly and adequately;
- You are able to arrive at an advice from different angles and to report this clearly;
- You have persuasiveness and are decisive;
- You can plan, organize, offer support and ask for support well;
- You are prepared to provide on-call services;
- You are also able to express yourself clearly both orally and in writing in Dutch and English;
- Knowledge in the field of family law and (youth) criminal law is an advantage;
What do we offer?
An exciting and challenging position between a minimum of scale 7 (ANG. 3.240,–) and a maximum of scale 9 (ANG. 6.809,–) and secondary employment conditions. If you live outside Sint Maarten, the costs associated with the move will be reimbursed according to the recruitment policy.
Do you want to apply?
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by submitting a motivation letter with CV before May 30th, 2022, and send relevant diplomas to the Court of Guardianship, attn. Ms. K. Dort-Brown at the W.G. Buncamper #33, Philipsburg or by email to: [email protected] and [email protected]
For more information about the position, please contact Ms. K. Dort-Brown on telephone number +1-721-542-4110/4115 or by email.