- Provide on-going guidance and support to clients in regards to their need for social services (application and maintenance), finances, insurance and living/working conditions
- Mediates between the client and external instances with regard to income, employment and housing
- Provides correspondence, and maintains contacts with relevant authorities for the client
- Responsible for client’s social service application procedure, scheduling, follow-up and guiding of client’s appointments
- Involve and update family members and caregivers with the social services system.
- Maintain contact and good relations with clients, their support systems and instances
Patience, perseverance and the ability to deal with tensed situations · Integrity and reliability in management of confidential client information
Full credential bachelor’s degree, understanding of social services in St. Maarten and a driver’s license B.
How Do You Apply?
Applications must be sent in within 14 days after publication of this advertisement to: The Labor Department & Mental Health Foundation: HR department attn.: Carina Ellis-Romney, Leopard rd. 1 Cay Hill St. Maarten, [email protected].
Please submit an application letter and resume, copies of diplomas/certificates and a copy of your ID/passport.
For more information visit our website: mhf-sxm.com and follow us on Facebook @ mentalhealthfoundationsintmaarten or call: 542-1677 ext. 516
About Mental Health Foundation
The Mental Health Foundation is working in a team effort to realizing its dedication to providing the best psychiatric care the island of St Maarten can access.
Through the assistance of the Island Government, the MHF board, the MHF Staff, volunteers and partners, the Foundation has moved from its humble beginnings to a full-fledged psychiatric care system offering quality care on St. Maarten as well as to other neighboring islands like St. Eustatius, Saba, Anguilla .
We are currently financed through a subsidy from the Island Government, a budget from AVBZ for chronic care, and reimbursements for services received through our clients’ health insurances.